As the user, your IT requirements are remarkably minimal. All you need to access DLM Cloud Edition is a browser. Behind that simplicity is an extraordinary array of technologies. The core application is built on the cutting-edge Ruby-on-Rails framework, while employing the full stack of coding languages and web services to make your job easier.
- Enterprise-level security. We host your data on the most trusted industry standard web hosting services, AWS (Amazon Web Services). Access to your site requires passage through multiple layers of security checks.
- Bank-level secure connection: All traffic is encrypted using the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol, the same level of protection used for bank and credit card transactions.
- Trusted browser certificate: A requirement that permits access to your site only from a browser with an authorizing certificate. Hackers and bots are thwarted at the outermost security layer.
- Data Protection and Resiliency: Using AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and Relational Database Service (RDS) allows us to restrict access to the database and utilize AWS backup and redundancy infrastructure:
- Access to the RDS database is restricted to our own application server within the VPC, AWS’s highly secure firewall technology. External access is not possible except through the credentials we issue.
- We utilize RDS backup technology to take a snapshot of the entire database once a day. Snapshots are kept for 30 days. More frequent snapshots and longer retention periods can be provided upon request.
- Multi-Region RDS duplication allows us to create an instantaneous backup of data in a different geographical region to guard against a catastrophic disaster in our primary data location, allowing us to switch to the secondary database in case of failure.
- Scalability: We use AWS Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) and Elastic Load Balancer (ELB). These remarkable technologies allow us to increase the number of servers responding to your requests whenever the load on the servers increases.
Minimum System Requirements
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows©. DownHome Loan Manager (DLM) is a Windows program, so it requires Microsoft Windows to run (Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP).
- Network operating system: For its multi-user network versions, DLM will operate on a variety of popular network operating systems. The following are fully supported: Microsoft Server 2016, 2012, 2008, 2003, 2000, Novell. DownHome Loan Manager may also be set up on a peer-to-peer network (in which several PCs share files without the use of a dedicated server). DLM may also be configured for remote access through Microsoft Server Remote Desktop Services, Terminal Services, Citrix Metaframe, etc.
- Minimum memory (RAM): 32 MB minimum. 128 MB or more preferred.
- Disk space: Disk space: 20 MB for the program. Disk space for data tables will vary depending on amount of data records to be stored.
Underlying Database Platform
DownHome Loan Manager is built on Paradox© for Windows, a robust relational database system, originally developed by Borland International and now by the Corel Corporation. DownHome Loan Manager version 4.0 is distributed with a runtime version of Paradox for Windows, version 10, and the Borland Database Engine (BDE).
DownHome Loan Manager© is the property of DownHome Solutions and Erik Wogstad and is protected by copyright. All copies of the software are licensed and distributed exclusively through DownHome Solutions, a software and services company. COPYRIGHT © 1997-2003 DownHome Solutions and Erik Wogstad. COPYRIGHT © 1997 Snohomish County Private Industry Council and DownHome Solutions and Erik Wogstad. All rights reserved.