As the user, your IT requirements are remarkably minimal. All you need to access DLM Cloud Edition is a browser. Behind that simplicity is an extraordinary array of technologies. The core application is built on the cutting-edge Ruby-on-Rails framework, while employing the full stack of coding languages and web services to make your job easier.
- Enterprise-level security. We host your data on the most trusted industry standard web hosting services, AWS (Amazon Web Services). Access to your site requires passage through multiple layers of security checks.
- Bank-level secure connection: All traffic is encrypted using the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol, the same level of protection used for bank and credit card transactions.
- Trusted browser certificate: A requirement that permits access to your site only from a browser with an authorizing certificate. Hackers and bots are thwarted at the outermost security layer.
- Data Protection and Resiliency: Using AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and Relational Database Service (RDS) allows us to restrict access to the database and utilize AWS backup and redundancy infrastructure:
- Access to the RDS database is restricted to our own application server within the VPC, AWS’s highly secure firewall technology. External access is not possible except through the credentials we issue.
- We utilize RDS backup technology to take a snapshot of the entire database once a day. Snapshots are kept for 30 days. More frequent snapshots and longer retention periods can be provided upon request.
- Multi-Region RDS duplication allows us to create an instantaneous backup of data in a different geographical region to guard against a catastrophic disaster in our primary data location, allowing us to switch to the secondary database in case of failure.
- Scalability: We use AWS Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) and Elastic Load Balancer (ELB). These remarkable technologies allow us to increase the number of servers responding to your requests whenever the load on the servers increases.